The best answer to a cold day is a hearty lentil soup.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 peeled sweet potatoes, cut to bite size pieces
2 cups lentils
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
8 cups water
- Sauté onions, celery, sweet potatoes in pot with olive oil.
- When onions are soft add bay leaves, basil, oregano and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils, zucchini, water and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and let cook for about 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.